Friday 31 July 2015

Michael the hitchhiker...

Well I've left Caithness with a heavy heart and a St Christopher... I had just a perfect week and saw and learnt so much of an area of Scotland I knew nothing about.  I met some lovely people local and not local.  But now my journey continues.

I have reached Sutherland and made a pit stop in Tongue after dropping off my hitchhiker...! I know, jeez Nicci what you doing?! But he reminded me of my son and I felt sorry for him... His name was Michael and he was from Holland.  He was travelling like myself only 30 years earlier than me! Anyway I do believe I have a good judge of character and I feel he was more fearful than me when he stepped into the beast!  The roads are single lane most of the way with random passing places and hills so steep we had to lean forward! Milo rested his head on Michaels shoulder for most of the journey, no doubt peeved Michael was blocking his view!

I have no internet except until my coffee is finished at this The Tongue Hotel, therefore early blog.  Tonight we will wild camp and tomorrow we will continue to reach the west coast of our journey :)



No comments:

Post a Comment