Monday 20 July 2015

Need to buy a hose...

We left Dunkeld early yesterday and headed for our next destination Killin.  I was quite impressed with the 'beast' as it only took us just over an hour.  It was a lovely quiet drive and we only had one car stuck behind us.  It did get a bit hairy scary at one point when a big coach came towards us on a very narrow stretch of road.  We had the Loch and a steep cliff on our side, the coach stopped to let us pass and I honestly didn't think we'd get through.  I had to open the window and pull in the wing mirror and edge through whilst breathing in! The trail of cars behind the coach were practically applauding!

We arrived at our site and checked in.  We stopped at the water point to fill up and there was no hose just a tap.  I just stood there like a numpty wondering how to get the water into the tank.  Apparently I'm supposed to carry a hose to do this but there has always been one on the tap previously.  I ended up borrowing one from a friendly motorhome neighbour :) talking of friendly motorhome people I have discovered that when on the road all the other motorhome people wave to you! Trouble is my eyesight is pretty rubbish and I keep waving at random white van drivers!

We set up camp and walked into the village to buy supplies, stopping off for a coffee in a little cafe. I stupidly bought bags of shopping forgetting I'm not at Tesco in my car and had to walk all the way back to the van with Milo and heavy bags.  Arms like lead when we got back.

Later we went for a walk down past the cemetery, that was a little boring! So we headed on down a track. We headed further down this long long track not knowing where it would end up  until we got to a clearing and found Loch Tay... Stunning view.

As it was Sunday yesterday I cooked a lovely meal. Got two pork steaks and took them outside and battered them in a bag with my big claw hammer on the van step! Then slow cooked them with yummy gravy and mash, had two helpings so good :) and Milo got the scraps :)





1 comment:

  1. Nice looking place, post more pics to add to your blog.

    ReplyDelete