Wednesday 22 July 2015

Stressful bus journey...

Am possibly having my first low point so far, which is not bad as been travelling for over two weeks.  We are sitting in Macdonalds car park in Fort William using their free wifi.  The campsite we planned to visit is full so not sure where we will be tonight (possibly still Macdonalds!).

Last night was a bit dull. When we left the cafe we took a short cut back to the site along the beach, was much nicer than walking on the road. Back at the van we had no internet, no TV, no friendly neighbours and a helicopter overhead for nearly two hours!  Milo is terrified of helicopters and hid under the driver seat most of the night.  I did manage to use the laundry facilities and even tumble dried stuff. I then read some maps and went to bed.

This morning we had a lovely walk on the beach and then caught a bus into Oban.  Milo was so well behaved for his first bus journey :) We had a walk around Oban and a quick coffee before catching the bus back.  On the bus back Milo couldn't fit on the floor by my seat too well so he sat on the seat next to me.  He was very quiet and very still but a man came up to me and said I should be bl**dy ashamed of myself!  Then the man behind him said he was an arrogant b***d and to ignore him! Then the lady behind him said of the second man he had got it the wrong way round! He then basically told her to shut up! Don't think I'll be travelling on buses again, too stressful.

Before we left Oban, David from The Oban Times newspaper came to visit us to write a piece in his paper.  He told me they have over 40,000 readers so possibly one could be my Mr Right! Well I think I'll move on 'cause Mr Right ain't in Macdonalds car park...

Milo the otter!









No comments:

Post a Comment