Sunday 26 July 2015

Second disaster...

So I'm lying in a hot bubbly bath with a long, cold vodka and tonic whilst the minted leg of lamb slowly roasts in the aga... And to be honest I deserve this after today...

This morning started well.  I woke with the sun peeping through a slit in the shutters and came down stairs to a hot milky coffee.  Milo and Me set off with map in hand to find Dunnet Bay.  When we arrived the sun was still shining so off came the wellies and socks and I let my toes see summer for the first time since my journey began :) We stayed on the beach for a good two hours playing ball and admiring the coast line.  Then we decided we were too close to John O' Groats to not visit.  So off we headed. We got the tourist photo at the sign post and sent a postcard to my mum.  Met some friendly tourists and had a little walk around.  Soon it was time to head back and that is when my next disaster occurred....!

I was really low on fuel so decided to stop at one of the extortionately overpriced petrol stations.  Not only are they overpriced they are very short on space! Unfortunately my back end got stuck on some kind of metal guard and in a panic I drove forward, thus removing a large chunk of my side rubber edging and part of my gas vent cover! Seriously I am not going to have much van left at this rate. I was so embarrassed I drove away on empty.  We did return later in an unmarked car to check for property damage and cctv...! None of the above.  I haven't read a paper for ages but can imagine some local headlines 'cyclist found in ditch with leisure battery embedded in his head' 'Caithness fuel station shut down due to idiotic English female motorhome driver'

My friend took me for a drive around the stunning area of Caithness which is only spoilt by the bloomin' stupid wind turbines...!

Lady of the Manor...!












No comments:

Post a Comment