Saturday 25 July 2015

Disaster...

Sadly I left Brora today, we had a lovely spot for our van and a tremendous time on the beach.  This morning we sat on the sands for about an hour throwing the ball and watching the seals, we had the beach all to ourselves, even signed the sand :)

We had a quiet evening last night,  made a pan of Scouse, enough to feed the whole site! Read some of my book, tidied out a cupboard which I had just been chucking everything into then had an early night.

 Milo woke me at 6.15 this morning so we are exhausted now.  We left the site at about midday and I stopped at the local pub to check my emails.  Then we headed towards Watten to visit my friend.  The road was extremely winding and very, very steep in places, quite scary but beautiful scenery.  We arrived at about 2pm and that is when disaster struck...! When I stepped out of the van I noticed that the outside cupboard that holds my leisure battery was open and I'll be dammed the leisure battery was not in the cupboard, just a couple of wires hanging! I just wanted to cry! I was tempted to drive all the way back searching all the ditches but was unsure as to whether it had fallen out or been nicked...?! So here I am no battery and will now have to find somewhere to buy a 'cheap' one and get it fitted.  On a good note I have had a luxurious bath eaten good food and am drinking champagne...

Brora



No comments:

Post a Comment