Tuesday 21 July 2015

My magical castle...

This malarkey writing the next day about yesterday is frustrating me so am just going to write as and when I can.  I have only got 38 minutes of Internet connection as the site I have just arrived on has no wifi! So I trudged to reception to enquire and the lady said just walk one mile to next village and the little cafe is open until 8.30 with free wifi.  Was more like 3 miles and not a single pavement on the way.  Saw a lot of smashed wing mirrors in the ditch and could only assume they hit some poor pedestrian like me! I am staying at Oban right on the beach at North Ledaig Park. The drive from Killin was pretty spectacular.  The views over to the islands are stunning and Milo has been in the sea already. It is a very open site and I do feel la bit like a goldfish in my van! I am going to attempt to get a bus into Oban tomorrow with Milo, that will be a first for both of us!

Yesterday before we left Killin we went for a walk in the woods by the camp.  We stumbled across what I can only describe as a derelict castle, it was quite magical, but alas no Prince Charming...

We spent most of the day in the van as it rained constantly, I did get some 'housework' done though.
Have to stop writing now as cafe closing and getting bitten to death by midgies!

No comments:

Post a Comment