Saturday 11 July 2015

Need a holiday...

What a crazy 24 hours.  No internet connection last night, hence no blog. So yesterday I left the Lake District and headed for Scotland. I arrived at Gretna after getting a little bit lost in the lakes as my sat nav packed up on me. The lanes were so narrow and windy I think I brought a few tree branches with me! I arrived at Anvil Hall about three hours later than anticipated and parked up in a very lonely car park with no power.  I cooked a slightly unfresh pasta meal and watched the charge on my mobile quickly dwindle.  I slept in my clothes just in case!

Heath, the owner of Anvil Hall arrived at 9am and kindly let me charge up my mobile and iPad and gave me a tour of Anvil Hall, it is quite stunning and if I didn't have my heart set on a wedding in Italy I would choose Anvil Hall. Matthew from ITV Cumbria arrived at about 10am and we filmed the interview to be broadcast on the Ian Payne news show. It was a strange experience. But Matthew was lovely and put me at ease.

I then left Gretna and headed along the coast towards Portling ( stopping off at Sweetheart Abbey) to meet Peter and his dog Millie, my new friends.  Millie is about 6 inches high and Milo is terrified of her and will not leave the van! Hopefully I can persuade him to come to the beach tomorrow. I am staying here for a couple of days and will sit down tomorrow and plan next weeks route, I hope! I am exhausted and feel I need a holiday...
(Tried to upload blog Friday and it's now Saturday urgh!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment