Sunday 19 July 2015

Wild camping...

So I left The Devils Lodge in East Neuk yesterday and headed to Dunkeld.  Yet again I forgot to flick on my car battery, everyday I forget something, oh and I forgot to top up water supply.  Sat nav went on strike again, but luckily I am familiar with the area.  And, yet again I had a small army of cars trailing behind me as I trudged up the Perthshire hills!

I arrived in Dunkeld about midday and headed to a recommended car park by the river.  I was intending to park for the night but the swell of the river and the forecast of torrential rain persuaded me to move on. I found a lovely secluded car park behind the cathedral and set up camp.  Milo and Me then headed into the town and came across a salmon tasting event at Dunkeld Smoked Salmon, delicious.  Then we headed to The Taybank pub (dog friendly as on walking in Milo jumped straight up to the bar and placed his head and two front paws on the bar and was served a dog biscuit) I had a bottle of beer and free use of the Internet.  Lots of people stopped to admire Milo and we had a lovely evening chatting to various people.  Milo eventually fell asleep at my feet so we headed back to camp.

The car park was empty except for us which was ok during the light.  Then it got dark so I put Milo on 'bad guy watch'.   I woke up at about 3am with the torrential rain which was made worse by the fact we were parked under a big tree.  It was like someone dropping stones on the roof.  Eventually I couldn't stand it any longer so fired up the engine and moved away from the tree.  Got back into bed and lay for ages wondering if I'd switched off my headlights... Got back out of bed to check and I hadn't!

This morning we had a long walk through the woods by the catherdral before heading off to our next destination...

Making friends :)
Did get some more photos but stupid internet won't let me upload :(

No comments:

Post a Comment