Saturday 1 August 2015

Rainbows and hot chocolate...

How lucky are Milo and Me?! Found an absolutely stunning location last night on The Kyle of Tongue.  A little spot just next to the water and no neighbours for miles.  It was next to a grave yard so very peaceful too. I think I sat on my back step for hours just taking in the scenery and absorbing the tranquility.  Then we had a rain shower followed by the most beautiful rainbow on the horizon.  Just chilled out for the evening reading my book and eating buttered crumpets.

This morning I awoke to the sound of the tide gently lapping the shore.  I opened the door and Milo jumped out and went for an early morning dip.  The sunrise was as stunning as the evening rainbow.  I didn't want to leave, I sat in the sunshine for a good two hours before I tore myself away to head for Durness.

I tell you, if you ever want a stunning drive then travel the A838 it's amazing territory.  The road is mostly one lane with an abundance of 'passing places' and the rugged coast line views are to die for! Every twist and turn in the road brought another 'wow Milo look at that'.  We arrived in Durness and took a walk on the beach in the pouring rain and now I am treating myself to a rather yummy hot chocolate at Cocoa Mountain :) then off to camp down for the night.









2 comments:

  1. I found this is an informative and interesting post so i think so it is very useful and knowledgeable. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.
    Faucets Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, very kind of you to say so :)

      Delete