Tuesday 18 August 2015

Maltesers and dead bunnies...

It's been a busy weekend getting the big house ready for guests next week.  Mr P is hosting his annual Falconary Dinner and various people are staying over.  I have spent many hours up a ladder cleaning, I've lost count of how many, windows. And these are very old windows with big wooden shutters so you can imagine the dust.

This morning I took Milo round the big field and on the way back found two more dead rabbits.  We have an abundance of them here but they have been hit with mixamatotis.  Milo loves to chase them but if he ever catches up with them he does not know what to do with them.  Yesterday one of them was boxing him through a fence, so cute.

 I then drove Mr P to the airport for a business trip and came back an empty house.  Tried to find a tin opener for my baked beans but to no avail, but did find a box of maltesers so happy days! Then looking for shampoo I found six bottles of all the same flavour Alberto balsam and one volumising bottle.  Lesson learnt, people with thick hair shouldn't choose volumising shampoo.  Big hair day.

Tomorrow I am going to fire up the beast and take a trip to Perth for a few days.  My sister Pip and her partner are visiting me and my best friend Sue has invited us to visit her.  Should be a fun few days and then back to the big house next week.

Well off to sleep now.  Am sure I am more nervous sleeping alone in the big house than on the edge of a cliff in the beast! The grandfather clock chimes every fifteen minutes and every fifteen minutes Milo and Me jump out of our skin...

This mornings back door view...! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment