Thursday 6 August 2015

The Ceilidh...

I am liking my campsite so staying another night.  I am still in Poolewe just on the shore and managed another time delay photo this morning in front of the van.  I have washed all my 'fishy' smell out of the van and had a good spring clean.  We walked to the local Mace shop earlier and cannot believe the rip off prices they charge! I even got charged £5 for a tiny bottle of Avon SSS, but well worth it to keep those little midgy sods at bay.

The Ceilidh was interesting to say the least.  A mass of people of all ages sitting around the edge of the local hall with another mass in the middle dancing to the live band.  Everyone was giving it their all, seemed to be organised chaos, but everyone seemed to be thoroughly enjoying themselves.  The only time I ever did a highland dance was one Hogmanay in Perth, very drunk, and got my high heel caught in the hem of my long dress.  Was therefore hopping about trying not to land on my backside and trying to inform my partner my heel was stuck.  Ended up looking like a scene from Airplane!

The local football team looked dapper in their football tops and kilts.  I stayed for a while and then kind of got squashed in the scram for the free buffet so made a discreet exit.

I am feeling rather chuffed, been writing my blog just over 2 months and seems over 7,000 people have read it! Can't wait to write the book 'What really happened to MiloandMe' mwhaha! ;)

Poolewe campsite, me behind tree!



The Ceilidh


The boys and me!


No comments:

Post a Comment