Tuesday 11 August 2015

How to turn it on...

Seems to me that every house on The Isle of Skye is a bed and breakfast! Never seen so many, not that I'm a snob...but even some of the council houses ran b&b's. Didn't get to see much more due to the terrible rain and poor visibility, the sun shone for about an hour before we left. Had to flick the hair dryer back on the washing this morning, all still damp. Managed to even blow dry my hair, though kept hitting the ceiling with the brush, oh the struggles I have living in a tin box!

My midgy bites on my face are now making my eyes itch (SSS not working!) so we only drove for about an hour and are now camped in Morvich, on a site, oh boy more luxury! I actually feel happier back on mainland. I think I'm getting a dab hand at manovering the van.  Makes me smile when I see wives guiding their husbands into spaces making a meal of it, and all I do is launch myself out the driver window whilst reversing with one hand like a truck driver! Although I'm not sure what route to continue with tomorrow as I am terrified of taking the van up another mountain, and I bet even a grown man would have cried doing my last mountain experience!

Milo still has some travel issues.  He still cries when I use my bathroom.  He still can't figure out a kissing gate.  He still thinks he can cross a cattle grid.  He still wants to watch the whole journey over my shoulder. And he still jumps up on the bar at every pub.

For some unknown reason I seem to have attracted a fair amount of Twitter followers from the music industry and mainly from Canada?! I have no idea why, unless they think I'm some sort of Scottish pop star!
Well I am going to try and work out my TV tonight, only been over a month and I still haven't figured  out how to turn it on...

A87 Skye


Morvich campsite view


Join the dots :(





No comments:

Post a Comment