Sunday 30 August 2015

Girls and Guns...

Moved out of the maids quarters last night as getting far too hot being above the Aga and we are now in the main house.  Noticed the difference in temperature straight away so no doubt will move back in the winter! Stupidly I forgot to tell Milo which room I was in and as he had eaten the contents of the left over party food out of the bin, he had a rather gruesome accident on the hall carpet during the night.  Thankfully it had been all cleared up by Mr P by the time I woke up.

This afternoon we all got to do some rifle shooting. Mr P spent what felt like three hours setting it all up whilst Missy L and I watched from the comfort of couch.  We were given our instructions by Mr P and also chastised for behaving like school children on a field trip. I think we thought we would black our faces, poke twigs in our hair and run rampage through the woods killing anything that moved.  But no, we laid a picnic blanket on the lawn and shot at some rather cute little silver ducks on a stand.    Neither Missy L or I had ever shot a gun so it was really good fun and I managed to knock one of those cute little ducks off the stand :)

Milo had to watch all this from the van due to  health and safety (crazy gun girls possibly shooting him accidentally) so I've just spent the last hour sitting in the van with him blasting out some tunes and pretending we were on a road trip...

Taking instruction from Mr P




Shooting the duck


No comments:

Post a Comment