Wednesday 2 September 2015

Beer and cake...

Had a couple of quiet days at the Big house. Monday did practically nothing, had a few hours on my own so had a sneaky siesta in the afternoon and woke up thinking I was at home, then realised I gave all that away months ago, moment of panic overcome by mopping the kitchen floor. Mr P cooked a beautiful leg of lamb for supper and we all had an early night. But I was awake most of the night due to the afternoon nap.

Tuesday Mr P had a haircut appointment in the town so Missy L and I went along for the ride. Mr R had an unfortunate ankle injury so stayed home with ice packs and babysat Milo. Missy L and I wandered around the town in the pouring rain which took all of five minutes and then found a suitable establishment serving alcohol! Two beers and two cakes in and all was good. Mr P then found us and offered us the choice of going to the supermarket with him or staying for another beer.  Obviously we chose the latter. After much girly chat we were collected by Mr P.  We returned to the Big house and both collapsed in the drawing room in front of the fire with a book each and a large glass of red while Mr P cooked supper!

Am quite chuffed today that one of my new followers on Twitter is Liverpool FC :)
Today Missy L and I are contemplating whether or not to venture down to the boat house and take the boat out on the Loch. Neither of us have any experience of boats but hey ho why should that be a problem...




No comments:

Post a Comment