Friday 4 September 2015

A sad day at the Big house...

A sad day in the Big house.  My Missy L has left us. Mr P and I drove her to Inverness airport for her journey South.  I did contemplate trying to steal her ticket or break her legs, but knew I had to let her go.  My little partner in crime no more.  The journey back to the Big house was long and quiet.  I said to Mr P it felt like we had seen our child off to university, would she call us? when would she visit us? the Big house would feel so empty without her. Then on our return I realised I had the whole bottle of wine to myself and soon puckered up!

Mr P did try to cheer me up by taking me shopping in Inverness. Quite a nice city for wandering around. He bought me items of clothing ;) and some sort of waterproof shoes to wear, presumably for when I am hauling coal in from outside! Oh and he did buy me a full length mirror as there are none in the Big house and I haven't seen my legs for over two months. We walked by the river and saw the castle and then went for some lunch. Then we spent the next twenty minutes wandering around the multi-storey car park looking for the Big car!

We stopped off on our way back at Dunrobin Castle to visit our friend Mr A who does an absolutely wonderful Falconary display. I even sat next to a Falcon in his kitchen whilst having a cup of coffee and unlike me I didn't even flinch.

So now it's just me and a house full of males and that includes Milo who is a little unwell today :( He swallowed a fly and when trying to cough it up he emptied the entire contents of his stomach, yuk. He then spent the next hour curled up on my knee feeling rather sorry for himself.  I felt like a mum again...

Inverness Castle




Dunrobin Castle




Gonna miss this crazy girl!


No comments:

Post a Comment