Wednesday 9 September 2015

It's like riding a bike...

Today I found a bicycle in the big shed, a rather nice Raleigh one.  Well it must be over 30 years since I've ridden a bike but don't they say 'it's like riding a bike, you never forget' ? And it's true! I haven't forgotten, well I was a bit wobbly to start and the fact that Milo chased me all the way barking and trying to bite the tyres didn't help.  But very soon I was whizzing around the house like a natural.  And it certainly gave Milo good exercise.  I may make it a daily routine.

I tried my hand at baking scones in the Aga.  What I didn't realise is that Mr P had set the oven to operate on some kind of day mode between 9am and 5pm. I baked my scones at 2pm in a not so hot oven. They sort of looked like scones but felt like rock cakes.  Anyway everyone tasted them and said they were lovely, or maybe they were just humouring me and I will find them scattered in the garden later. Or even tragically ride over one on my bicycle and go over the handle bars landing no doubt on Milo! Anyway I'm going to try the pancakes tomorrow, surely they won't hurt me?

The sun actually shone today and I took great pleasure sitting in the garden with a cup of tea (and a rock cake) watching three men, yes three, hang out the washing.  They probably class that as multitasking...








No comments:

Post a Comment