Friday 18 September 2015

Will Mr P kick us out tomorrow?...

This morning started rather early seeing as I was acting as my own makeup artist/hairdresser haha.  I managed to borrow some 'country' clothing from a lovely friend and Mr P wore his kilt.  The photographer arrived at 10 and off we trotted up the hill to take some pics. I even found a little tartan collar and lead for Milo. Mr P was a star considering he was really rather uncomfortable having all these pictures taken.  I imagined this is what it would be like on a wedding day, being instructed to hold his hand, look into his eyes, move closer etc and all that smiling is actually hard work! Mr P lit the fire in the drawing room and we had some indoor shots too. I got to see some of the prints before they were sent to the paper and hats off to Peter Jolly, he managed to make us look rather good!

The paper asked me to also forward some of my travel photos to maybe use, I was rather tempted to forward some of my 'risquรฉ' pics but will save them for 'the book' mwhaha! I suggested to Mr P that I should get a biro and cover him in tattoos and we could be Posh and Becks of The Highlands! Sometimes I do worry about myself...

The 'revealing' of Mr P is supposedly appearing in The Daily Mail Femail (is on editors list?) tomorrow.  Mr P and I are now trying to decide who goes into the shop to purchase it in the morning, and will we have to spend the next month or so using Tesco delivery for our shopping?!

Meanwhile another paper, The Times, have asked for an interview and have agreed to wait until after the publication in Femail.  That is if Mr P hasn't kicked us out by then...

23 comments:

  1. Just read the article. What a lovely story and a welcome change from the dreary moan usual junk they print. Good Luck to you both, you look lovely together xxx
    Ps I drive through the wirral every day, no wonder you escaped lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment, my scenery is a little different now! ๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete
  2. What a fantastic experience and such a refreshing article with all the doom and gloom I hope they will do periodic updates.Much happiness to you both maybe when I set out next spring I will maybe see you on my journey . All my best wishes to you both

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey best of luck on your journey, dreams do come true ๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete
  3. Just read your article, saw the first one where you were selling up. I wish you all the happiness in the world, all 3 of you, you deserve is you amazing woman you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I say you can both make this work, if you both want it to!

    I met my Lady on a 5 day training course in September, in Canada! I saw her once more in November when I went for a visit, then end of December when I proposed and she said yes!

    That was 6 years ago - and it just keeps getting better because we both keep working at it, and we both want it to last...

    :0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nicci, Milo & James..
      I've just read the article and it's lovely!
      You all (inc Milo!) look great in the photos!!
      I wish you luck, love and happiness....xx
      Jenni..(lil sis)
      p.s....Ignore the sceptics comments;)

      Delete
    2. Aw thanks Jen x good luck with your dreams too xxx

      Delete
    3. And I thought the Highlands was a journey, Canada hey! Fantastic ๐Ÿ˜Š

      Delete
  5. I've just read your article online and loved it so much I had to check out your blog! My mum is also approaching 50 and has been single for a while, I would have so much admiration for her if she did the same as you! I think it's lovely and I wish you both (and Milo) all the best! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, tell your mum to do everything she wishes she had already done! ;)

      Delete
  6. Just read the Mail article and it's such a feel-good story! You seem really genuine and Mr. P (inspired by Sex in the City?!) seems a lovely man, a real gentleman.

    I hope the fairytale continues - in fact, I can even see Hollywood knocking for the rights (they do love a "Cinderella" story, if you'll excuse the analogy, particularly with lots of ancestry, kilts and accents - maybe they'll give your part to an American woman who is sick of life in the city and is inspired to look for a new love by her dying Scottish grandfather who leaves her a battered old VW camper van!)

    OR a Sunday evening TV gentle drama!

    I hope you're both very happy, and your son enjoys his Uni holidays exploring the estate.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Anthony sounds like you've written my script! Love it :)

      Delete
  7. Hi Nicci,
    Still have goose bumps on your exciting story, just read it on the Daily Mail. I had a collection of Mills & Boon in my younger days and honestly, your 'lovelier the second time around' story is just too good to be true! Wish you, James (of couse Milo) all the very best in the Highlands. If in case you need a respite from the wet and cold weather, give me a shout and come down south to the warm tropics. Keep up your spirit, stay well in the adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello Nicci, was just reading about you in the Daily Mail, and I want to wish you all the best too. Yes, there's definitely a book and a film possibility - though who would you want to play you? Take care and I wish you every happiness x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks Colin, crikes don't know anyone mad enough to play me! :)

      Delete
  9. Hello Nicci, I have just read your blog from day one after seeing the article in the Daily Mail today and loved your story. Not sure I could or would have been brave enough to do the same. Good Luck to you and Mr P and much love to your lovely boy Milo who has been by your side all the way....dogs are just the best travel companion and friend anyone could ever have, if only they could speak. Rae x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Could not have done it without Milo :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Long may your happiness continue. You obviously suit each other. Lovely article made me want to sing! Good luck to you both and Milo.

    ReplyDelete