Saturday 12 September 2015

Locked out the Big house...

The photographer for The Sunday Post turned up right on time and had a little scout about for suitable shots.  He then enquired if I had any suitable attire for my country lifestyle, obviously my Nike anorak was not the look he was hoping for.  Mr P saved the day and provided me with his Barbour jacket, tweed cap and walking stick! So off we went to the walled garden to begin with, where Milo decided to roll in a pile of fox pooh whilst being photographed, not a good look.  I can't imagine what the pics will be like other than me looking like someone wearing her dads clothes and Milo covered in s**t! Mr P said we have to go to the paper shop early tomorrow morning and buy every copy, for a moment I thought he was being sweet...

My pancakes turned out to be rather nice after a dodgy start. The battery in the scales was dead so my measurements were quite inaccurate, and all the different spoon sizes just confused me further.  Mr P gave me a lovely Mary Berry Tartan Aga pinny, who says romance is dead?!

This morning I took Milo for his usual walk on the hill and when I got back to the Big house Mr P had locked the back door.  I tried all the doors and windows to no avail.  Then I tried phoning him but no answer. I didn't know what to do next. I did actually check my van to see if he had dumped all my stuff into it. Eventually he came downstairs and found me in the garage, apparently he had gone for his shower thinking I was still in bed.  So now I have been instructed to always take a door key.

Mr P went Hawking yesterday so I went clothes shopping, although there is not a huge choice of shops, but I managed to buy a  nice pair of trousers and black knit jumper.  Mr P liked the trousers very much saying they had 'feel appeal', I think I look like I'm auditioning for the Cadbury Milk Tray advert...






No comments:

Post a Comment