Sunday 2 August 2015

Milo the robbers dog...

What a day... Woke up after a torrential downpour last night, always seeming worse hitting the van roof. Went for a stroll by the water and then packed up ready for our next destination.  Stopped off at Cocoa Mountain for another hot chocolate and went into craft shop and bought a little wooden highland cow.  In the craft shop was a young tattooed American boy cutting a ladies hair...random.

Decided to continue our journey to Kinlochbervie but took a pit stop at a quiet sandy beach.  Let Milo off his lead and strolled towards the cliff to catch him up.  That's when I spotted him way down on the beach below guzzling down a large cake he had just robbed off two poor ladies sitting on the beach having a picnic! I ran down that cliff, nearly breaking my neck, screaming at him to leave.  The ladies just sat there open mouthed! I eventually caught him and apologised profusely, they didn't seem amused so I offered to pay for the cake.  They declined my offer.  We wandered to the far corner of the beach to continue our walk. Not. Milo proceeded to charge back to the picnic to grab some more of that delicious cake.  I'm tearing after him on wet sand screaming out to leave! Finally caught him, more cake in mouth, and made a sharp exit.  We must have looked a right pair to the crowd on the cliff top!

We arrived at Kinlochbervie and pitched up at the site.  Our one and only neighbour pointed out the beautiful wild orchids growing next to my van.  She then recommended we visit Oldshoremore beach and am I glad she did!  It was the steepest road the beast had encountered so far, but so worth it.  It was so warm and sunny (and practically deserted) that I stripped down to my underwear and had a little sunbathe! Milo swam in all the lagoons and ran for miles on the sand.  We had a fab afternoon. I decided to take about 36 selfies hoping that potentially I would have one photo of me that I actually liked... I now have about 36 photos of me that I actually quite like! The beast did struggle back up the hill and could only manage in 1st gear...that is until I realised I still had the handbrake on!
We stopped off to photograph the most handsome highland cow I'd seen so far :)

I am now in a local pub having a bottle of  beer and using their wifi, the pub reminds me of the film American Wearwolf in London! Beware the moon Nicci...

Oldshoremore beach



Hotdog legs!








No comments:

Post a Comment