Sunday 7 June 2015

Overwhelmed to say the least

Oh My Gosh! I am completely overwhelmed by the amount of encouraging and supportive messages I have received today.  I am desperately trying to respond to each and every one (and there are rather a lot!).  I really should have trained Milo on the iPad!

I woke up extremely early this morning and went straight online to read my story in The Sunday Post
http://fw.to/Q48gKoc And I must admit I did breath a sigh of relief... Ben Robinson wrote as if he had known me all his life! Even more exciting Lorraine Kelly tweeted my story! My sister Pip bought 3 copies and we hung one on the car boot table! Talking of which, went ok but only managed to raise £54, but every little helps.  Quite a few ladies at the car boot offered me their husbands!

After the car boot Pip and I went for coffee and that's when we found my story had also been published in The Mail Online http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-3114246/My-perfect-man-hasn-t-turned-m-going-Air-hostess-sells-possessions-buy-camper-van-plans-Scotland-looking-love.html#reader-comments - and so far that has raised over two hundred comments! I must say most of them were really nice (and don't worry the goldfish will be re homed) and the yucky ones are irrelevant.

So all in all today has been a little crazy to say the least.  I have lots of new friends on Twitter @nicci66nicci and I am feeling even more confident that Milo and Me will make a success of our adventure.  We certainly have lots of people to visit on our journey😍 maybe one of them will be 'my' man...

My sister Pip started this for me
http://www.gofundme.com/vb47df7

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nicci,

    Hope you are well. I am messaging form BBC Radio Scotland. We are really keen to speak to you about your up coming journey. Would you be able to email me at lauren.mackay@bbc.co.uk and I can get in touch with you. Thanks so much!

    Lauren

    ReplyDelete