Sunday 14 June 2015

It's 10 pence for goodness sake...

Today's car boot was a disaster.  Having got up at 5 am, much to the bemusement of Milo, we headed off for a 6 am start.  It was heaving already when we got there, why oh why do people need to go to car boots so early?! Why aren't they in bed with hangovers? Anyway needs must for me, so we set up our stall and sat back... 2 hours later and about 70 pence in profit, feeling frozen to the bones I'm being haggled by an old lady over 10 pence, I finally agree and she pulls a wad of notes out her pocket and asks me if I've got change!  Then she has the cheek to ask me for a carrier bag.

While I was sitting in the boot of my car I saw an oil painting on the stall next to me and started daydreaming about being on the Antiques Roadshow getting offered millions for it.  Daydream got the better of me so I bought it for £2, it's a signed Burnett, fingers crossed!

Eventually after about four hours, by which time my fingers were numb, we packed up and Pip took me for a cooked breakfast.  I made a total profit of £21.80... On a good note I won £5.30 on the euro millions :) not quite the 93 million, but I was pleased.

Spent the afternoon trying to catch up on my messages, I really need to keep up to speed on that.  Hopefully tomorrow I will catch up with the gentleman who may be able to help me with my fundraising and awareness campaign for Prostate Cancer.  On that note I think this is valuable to know...


  1. Symptoms can include:
    • needing to urinate more frequently, often during the night.
    • needing to rush to the toilet.
    • difficulty in starting to pee (hesitancy)
    • straining or taking a long time while urinating.
    • weak flow.
    • feeling that your bladder has not emptied fully.


No comments:

Post a Comment