Friday 16 October 2015

Travelling through the USA....!

What a crazy, happy, sad and emotional 24 hours I've just had.  On Wednesday night I received a ticket to travel to Belize, going via Detroit and Atlanta and am on route now.  I will arrive in San Pedro, Belize at some point tomorrow :)))) Milo and Me left Scotland at about 2am on Thursday morning and drove all the way to my mums, Milo was quite bemused travelling in the dark.  We arrived on the Wirral at about 8am where I had about 24 hours to turn my life upside down once again to get to Heathrow for today.

Sadly yesterday morning my beautiful sister Pip became seriously unwell and given her medical history my mum and I took her to A&E.  It appears she had some sort of seizure and has no recollection of the past 24hours (fun was had winding her up tho!). I was reluctant to travel today but my whole family, Pip included, encouraged me to keep travelling.  So here I am, sitting in Heathrow airport, having flown down from Manchester very early this morning (thanks mum!) waiting to board my flight to Detroit.

Milo is having a Nana holiday and will be spoilt rotten no doubt. Or I may come back to an extremely well behaved dog! Last night at about midnight I practically just threw what summer clothes I could find into my case, and tried to arrange all the necessary documents.  Hopefully I've remembered all I need, if not tough!

Saying goodbye to Milo this morning was the saddest moment.  We've been together 24/7 all summer. I do know he will be well looked after though.

So expect some crazy blogs over the next few weeks and no doubt some even crazier photos. I intend to have fun fun fun and who knows who I might meet...

On the off chance does anybody reading this live in Detroit?! Got 11 hours to fill...

8 comments:

  1. Hi Nicci ,well well well what can I say ,Be careful but have fun .Your braver than me. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im sure you will love Belize Mayan country lots to see .Do hope alls goes well. If not your welcome to call in to Canada whilst your on this continent .I fly to UK 15th November .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for invite Maggie, you definitely must visit me if we both in the UK x

      Delete
  3. As the saying goes Nicci, as one door closes another opens. Good luck on your trip to the USA. Keep up the blogs, far nicer than having a post card
    Richard x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I imagine you in Detiot right now bet you have butterflies in your stomach have a super time xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excuse me??!! I think we need to know a little more about all this. Don't keep us on tenterhooks! Sounds exciting and wonderful - so go forth and enjoy :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Ann, I am definitely enjoying x

      Delete