Sunday 18 October 2015

Do I look like I need marijuana...

Well I finally got the sleep I was craving last night, a whole 12 hours horizontal on crisp white sheets. Although I discovered the road behind my accommodation is actually the airport runway! Luckily not too busy and actually quite interesting.

I've managed to face time all my family and all are well.  Milo seems to have settled in well with his nana and she even took him to the park this morning. I still woke up this morning wondering where he was :(

This morning I was given some keys to a golf buggy and instructed to head into town and get myself some breakfast. Never mind find the town I couldn't find the golf buggy. I decided to walk in as even though the rain was still falling I could see some unflooded areas on the road.  I walked to the nearest bar and ordered coffee and fries.  My coffee was so needed and so delicious (apparently a Turkish blend) I ordered another. At this point I was on first name terms with the staff and was also offered marijuana..! Not quite what I had in mind for breakfast.

I managed to find my way back just before the next torrential downpour. The road I managed to walk down is now an actual river and I am stranded in my third floor room! It is so warm and clammy and the rain is like a warm power shower. I feel so sorry for all the businesses trying to constantly pump out all the water. Looks like I am stuck inside for a while so may just catch some more shut eye...

Not the place I was offered marijuana...


My back door view...

7 comments:

  1. ha ha how interesting perhaps omeone thought you looked tired and need a boost sounds like your having a completely new adventure Nicci including the rain hope you manage some fun without the extra marijuana. Keep the news flowing xx
    Glad Milo settled with nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just your normal everyday breakfast then, coffee, fries & marijuana - haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Still sunny here on Sunday, not too cold and no marijuana on offer, not that I smoke it any way being a clean living sort lol. Richard x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stopped raining here and about 28* :) x

    ReplyDelete