Tuesday 27 October 2015

Even the army can't save me...

I've now lost count of how many mosquito bites I have. That rather expensive bug repellant I was convinced to buy has had little effect. And my antihistamines are pretty useless. I'm now wearing an ankle band that makes me look like a criminal wearing a tag. Those little buggers are determined to get me! Besides the Mosquitos the wildlife here is quite friendly, I've met a few wandering around!

The army boys have now arrived and they too have been bitten to pieces so even the army can't save me! They arrived last night but sadly their average age is about 22. They are a lovely bunch and are full of banter and it has been so nice to have some local dialect conversation. I felt I was beginning to pick up a strange American accent and using words like 'awesome'.

It's funny how I've met such a diverse amount of people here on a daily basis and yet I feel so alone. Everybody seems to be here either with someone or for a reason, usually scuba diving. I wish I could have brought Milo, every day I feel like I've lost a limb or something.

My biggest fear at the moment is what am I going back to.  I can't stay here forever. I feel homesick but I don't actually have a home. I would really like to keep travelling in my motorhome with Milo as I do still believe my happy ending is out there somewhere...


Moth...







2 comments:

  1. Hi Nikki, you do sound to be homesick but looking on the bright side you've had an amazing holiday and met a lot of people along the way. When you get back home Milo will be waiting for you ready to continue your travels and somewhere your Mr Right will be also waiting for you. Love from Pat & Jake (the dog). xx

    ReplyDelete