Thursday 22 October 2015

Three men one knife, one dagger, one metal bar...

Last night was ladies night at Pedros. So I showered and dressed and wandered down. Not only was I the only lady I was also the only customer. Apparently these type of nights don't start until around 11pm, I had arrived at 8pm. I am obviously far too old for this kind of night life! 11 pm nowadays is way past my bedtime. So I headed back to my room but disaster... I couldn't open my door. A pole had fallen down and jammed against the sliding door. I stood there for what seemed like an age trying to figure out how I could resolve this without looking like a fool.  Sadly I just looked like a fool and acquired the assistance of three young men, one of whom had a large metal bar, the other a kitchen knife and the third just pulled a large dagger from his pocket. One held the torch one pulled the door ajar and the third (kitchen knife man) slid the knife through the gap and dislodged the pole. My three heroes :) After all that excitement I was ready for bed and slept through the remainder of ladies night.

Today I spent another day in paradise and headed down to Caribbean Villas Hotel to chill on the beach. As soon as I got there I decided I had to try the newly installed water slide, the only one on the island falling straight into the Caribbean Sea. I followed the instructions diligently, hands behind my head, legs crossed and lie down. Unfortunately I was not instructed to keep my mouth closed. I slid all the way down screaming like a baby and consequently swallowed about a gallon of sea water!

So now I am just chilling at the beach bar getting acquainted with the locals and mum if you're reading this I am not doing jäger bombs...











2 comments:

  1. Wow Nicci, respect to you going down that slide straight into the sea. Sounds like you are meeting all the local characters. x

    ReplyDelete