Sunday 11 October 2015

No more hitch hikers...

I was woken up by Milo this morning by him diving under the duvet and wriggling all the way down to the bottom and diving onto the floor.  This exercise was repeated until I got out of the bed! Just after 11am this morning whilst walking Milo a car stopped and asked me for directions. It was a Dominos pizza delivery man, making me think some poor person was in need of a hangover breakfast! Not me I was up bright as a button and raring to go. I spent most of the morning replying to all the messages of support I have received, I still feel overwhelmed by people's kind words and positivity. Messages from people I least expected to hear from and none from people I would have hoped to hear from...

Just after lunch I left my besties with an enormous hug to keep me going on the road.  I'd forgotten how beautiful the start of Autumn is.  The colours of the trees are just gorgeous.  I'm so lucky to be on the road taking in this scenery.  Funny that I saw a hitchhiker on the road and he actually pulled his thumb in when I approached, haha he has probably read about Milo and Me!  I'm now pitched up for the night in a rather peaceful spot but have no phone or internet reception.  So I  have wandered down to the local village pub and am taking advantage of the free wifi before it gets dark.  I was sitting in a very quiet lounge area until two gentlemen arrived and are now having a rather loud discussion about the amount of cushions on the sofa. Think it's time to head back to the van and tuck myself in for the night...

Our peaceful spot...



4 comments:

  1. Enjoy this time Nicci its probably a once in a lifetime, Autumn is arriving out here in Canada and the most beautiful time of the year too . Im still packing and selling everything I can . Pity it wasnt next year we could have done a fantastic trip with me in my van with a dog that I havent got yet and you and Milo I will certainly look you up when I get back for now though enjoy your peace and tranquliityand the Autumn. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Autumn is my favourite season Maggie, wish you were here too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really admire your "get up and go" Nicci & am enjoying reading your blog. I agree this is a beautiful time of year & a great time to be on the road. I think you should start heading slowly south for the winter. Take care & please keep blogging. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm watching all the geese go south, they might have the right idea Tricia! X

    ReplyDelete