Saturday 17 October 2015

Jet lag and jager bombs...

I am completely jet lagged. I don't know what day it is or what time. I have taken five flights from Manchester to Heathrow to Detroit to Atlanta to Belize to San Pedro and here I am. I haven't slept for days and now am knocking back beer and jäger  bombs at a beach bar in a storm with new friends.  How long it will be before I sleep I don't know.  I have managed to shower at least. I was so stinky I didn't even want to sit next to myself on the flights!

The flights were varied and a mixture of pure comfort and terror.  The best was from Heathrow to Detroit. Eight hours with full inflight service, free food, drinks and movies. But unfortunately followed by 11 hours sitting around in Detroit airport. I think I was possibly the only person in that airport but managed to make myself a little bed and tried to sleep. I kept waking up and for a split second kept wondering were Milo was :(

When I eventually reached Belize, smelly, tired, confused and hot I thought I had reached my destination. But no, I then had to jump a light aircraft to San Pedro. Hairy scary flying through the storm with the other five passengers. One of whom is now sitting with us at the beach bar.  I was met at San Pedro airport by my Mr L, he picked me up in a beach buggy and was bare foot. We took the short journey to my new short term home through the floods. I then paddled through to my room and took a much needed hot shower.

I apologise if this blog is disjointed, I'm sure once I get my backside out of this bar and eventually get horizontal I will be back on track, though any more of these jäger  bombs and I am likely to be horizontal on the bar...







5 comments:

  1. Oh Nicci you are hilarious & a total legend. Looking forward to hearing some more when you have managed to get some shuteye xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha thanks Tricia, hopefully lots more to come x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brave lady ,expect you may be horizontal for a couple of days thats 2/3 time zones youve just gone through ,However have a super time stay safe sure Milo is enjoying his holiday too. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brave lady ,expect you may be horizontal for a couple of days thats 2/3 time zones youve just gone through ,However have a super time stay safe sure Milo is enjoying his holiday too. xx

    ReplyDelete