Tuesday 20 October 2015

Thunder storms and traffic violations...

This weather is crazy. I was so freaked in the thunder storm the other night I was screaming out loud. The building shook with the thunder and the Lightning was right above me. The tin roof did not help my fear. The rain was so torrential I packed a small bag ready for my evacuation! Anyway I lived through it and awoke to a dry muggy day.

I took myself into the town in a golf cart to hunt down a decent coffee shop and found the perfect one on a busy street corner. I was in my element watching the world go by sipping a decent latte. I stopped in a shop and got myself some new flip flops, then I drove around a bit in the crazy bustling streets and pulled up near the beach. I had a little wander along the storm damaged beach and stopped in a bar for a cold beer and food. I did struggle trying to remember where I had parked the golf cart, there are hundreds of them here and all look the same. I did eventually find mine, it was the one with a 'traffic violation fine' attached to the steering wheel! Mr L kindly took care of it for me.

Last night was to be the bingo night, but everyone got wrapped up in the sport on the TV (baseball I think!) so bingo didn't happen.  After too much beer and jäger bombs I hit the sack for an early night.
Today we are having a big lunch hosted by Mr L in honor of his much loved Arsenal football game. We are having roast hams and potatoes and I have been volunteered to make the Yorkshire puds! (I pray they rise to the occasion).

Mr L has informed me that over the next week or so hundreds of army personnel are coming to stay. Now that could be interesting...





Lunch view...


8 comments:

  1. Sorry to read that Mr L is an Arsenal supporter but I suppose there has to be one or two outside of the UK lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't help me being a Liverpool fan...! X

      Delete
  2. How long are you planning on staying Nikki ? Milo will be wondering where you are & no doubt missing you, still apart from the bad weather you've had you sound to be enjoying the change of venue so continue safely on your wonderful adventure. Love from Pat & Jake (my dog). xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat and of course Jake,bit of a sweaty Betty at the mo but loving it :) here for a while x

      Delete
  3. Mr L must have been happy with the lucky result at the Emirates.
    Shame they're going to get stuffed in Munich next week though lol 😀😀

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! Mr L pretty pleased just now... X

    ReplyDelete