Saturday 24 October 2015

Apple flavoured bananas...

Life is so laid back here in San Pedro. I wake up, I find coffee, I head to the beach, I read, I drink, I eat and I sleep. And that's about pretty much all I can manage in this heat. It took me a few days to acclimatise to the humidity and actually catch a breath. From travelling from Scotland where every breath was so sharp and fresh the difference is immense. Good point here is I don't need moisturiser, my skin is so soft with the humidity.

Last night was karaoke night at Pedros. I did not inflict my fellow guests to the torture of my voice. There was a mixture of some rather good performances and some not so good. I had a few beers and met some local ladies, actually of an age with me. A good night was had.

This morning I went to a local store/shack to buy some fruit. I asked for bananas and was sold Apple banana. Really was a banana looking fruit which actually had an apple taste, so nice.

I didn't actually get on the trampoline today. I did wander down the pier to attempt it but there were some big boys playing on it and they looked a little boisterous. I will attempt tomorrow. Tomorrow is the Sunday barbecue at Caribbean Villas Hotel, a weekly event which is apparently very popular. I do love a good bbq.

I spoke to my son today on face time. I've asked him to send me some pictures of Milo. I miss him so much it hurts. I doubt he has even has noticed I've gone, probably thinking I'm taking ages at the shops.

Having so much time to think of late I am wondering how I even ended up here. My life has changed so much and so quickly, half of it hasn't sunk in. In less than six months I've gone from a well paid job to unemployed. A three bed semi to a motorhome to a country estate to a hotel. From single to fairytale relationship to single. From Merseyside to Scotland to San Pedro. What next I wonder...





5 comments:

  1. Love the dungarees. Very cool. So happy your adventures are continuing. X

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dungarees. Very cool. So happy your adventures are continuing. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Nikki, what an idyllic place San Pedro is, loving all the photos & pictured Milo sat waiting for you coming back from the shop, he will be missing you. Have you kept The Beast to continue your travels back home or did you sell it? Love from Pat & Jake the dog. XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Pat I have kept the Beast, he just resting... X

      Delete