Monday 12 October 2015

Man in my van...

Last night was pretty dismal. My friend lent me a decent selection of DVDs because I can never get a signal on the TV. I chose one and got all cosy to watch it but the bloomin TV has broken! Then my peaceful spot was disrupted by the arrival of four yapping dogs in the van next to me, escalated by the owner shouting 'quiet honey' every two minutes. Plus, when did a tin of beans get to be so expensive?! Anyway I read a few more chapters of my new book (passionate thriller!) and went to bed. I woke in the middle of the night and saw a man in my van! I whacked my head on the ceiling trying to find my claw hammer under my mattress by which time my eyes had adjusted and the said man was actually my coat hanging from the sky light trying to dry!

Took Milo for a lovely walk in Killin and got some fab photos.  I got one of a fairytale castle I had visited previously on my travels, still no prince lurking about! I also got one of a tree that reminded me of a childhood book The Faraway Tree.

Tonight I have travelled along an extremely long, narrow and winding road and have arrived at a safe destination on the coast.  I am staying with a stranger but I do believe strangers are friends you just haven't met yet...










4 comments:

  1. If you are ever down Warminster way give me a shout. A fellow traveller on the road.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two fabulous pics Nicci hope your feeling ok only just read the papers but that news will fade. They say you always get 15 minutes of fame in life but its soon forgotten.
    Hope your taking time to enjoy the beauty of your surroundings it looks glorious .I love Autumn Take Care xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Maggie, the sun is shining today :) x

    ReplyDelete