Friday 1 April 2016

Twelve more sleeps...

I actually booked my ferry ticket today, I've been putting it off far too long hoping the price might come down when in fact it was increasing. So now I have an official departure date of the 13th of April, my mums birthday. The ferry leaves liverpool at 9.30 in the morning and apparently I have to be there at 7.30. So me and Pip drove over to the ferry port to have a little nosey. Glad I did as it was nowhere near where I thought it was and I would have got quite lost even before I even got to Ireland. I'm going to phone the ferry company tomorrow and request that I be noted as a nervous passenger. My parking skills aren't the best most of the time let alone trying to manoeuvre the Beast, with no power steering,  onto a ship with Milo jumping at the bit asking if we're there yet!

I went to the charity shops yesterday and bought myself a little selection of books for my library. I foresee long evenings ahead with no internet or phone reception. I do like a good book to read, I love to lose myself into the mind of the author. Curiously my favourite books are gruesome type murders, not so clever when you're all alone parked up in the middle of nowhere!

I do hope my Netflix account works over there too. I love it when I'm asked 'who's watching?' and I get to tick 'mum' coz that's me!

Oh well my countdown has begun, twelve more sleeps...

Think Milo wants in on my library...


My library, situated in the left wing near the kitchen and not too far from the conservatory...

2 comments:

  1. Countdown . I hope you have a super trip will watch for updates. Milo looks ready xx

    ReplyDelete