Thursday 28 April 2016

My night of passion,not...

Baltimore and Sherkin Island were just wonderful. We made some lovely new friends and would definately return. Unfortunately I've been quite unwell for a few days. I seem to have a rotten cough and cold and just ache all over. This in turn is making me feel so incredibly tired and everything becomes such an effort. Like having a waste water tank that just won't empty, it now just bubbles back up the pipe into my shower tray. This is not pleasant as I have been emptying my coffee grains down the sink and it's all brown. I spent the other evening on Mizen Head trying to plunge the drain and pour boiling water down it. Stupidly I poured the boiling water over my leg. Jumping up and down, screaming in pain, trying to pull the skinny jeans away from my skin was pretty shit! What with all the commotion I'm sure the folk in the parked car thought I was having a night of passion. The next morning I had to crawl under the van and release the drain pipe. A fair amount of it landing on my head. I will always remember Mizen Head for this.

When I stopped in Crookshaven a newspaper journalist phoned for an interview. One of the questions she asked me was 'what do you desire from a man'? The way I feel and look at the moment I should have said 'poor eyesight' !

The next day we drove around looking for a campsite, stopping off to buy drain cleaner. The first one on our list was closed. The second one, recommended by local shopkeeper, we couldn't find. The third one didn't allow dogs, but lady very kindly phoned another one to book us in. So we eventually arrived at Hungry Hill campsite. Just perfect. Two delicious hot showers later and I feel much better. Annoyingly my drain cleaner has not worked.

With all this driving around we have travelled further than intended. I'm still so frustrated at such few stopping places, even to just stop and take a photo. Oh also, I hit a wall yesterday, literally! Trying to read road signs for campsite. Another chunk taken out the Beast...

Mizen Head...


My night of passion...


Mizen Head

Poor Beast...

6 comments:

  1. Hi, hope things get better for you! Tip regarding drainpipe: Coffee grains are a pipe's enemy! Found that out the hard way, too!! Yuk!!! I use a small sieve to drain my French Presse coffee pot, grains go into compost bin. Had no blocked pipes since. Get yourself some Echinachea and take it easy. Weather up here in North-West is atrocious, it wasn't as bad during the winter month.
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claudia, coffee grains now fertilising most of Ireland :)

      Delete
  2. Poor Nicci. Get a flexible pipe cleaner in any discount or hardware store and it will clear the worst out and a good drain cleaner will do the rest. Pity the weather is not being too kind. I'm surprised your having such a problem parking up. Much easier in the south east i'd say. Hope Milo is enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. costic soda for your blockage and sorry to hear about the beast.
    Dam cold here in Wiltshire, rain and a few sunny intervals.
    R x

    ReplyDelete