Monday 11 April 2016

No more cotton wool...

I can't believe we actually start our travels tomorrow. This is our last night of that feeling of being wrapped in cotton wool. My mum and sister have been absolute troopers and I love them dearly. I'm excited too as my son has just informed me he will be in Ireland on business during my birthday week, so I possibly will have someone to raise a glass with.

Today I have been running around like a headless chicken remembering last minute things. The day started with the Beast receiving some well earned tlc from Wirral Small Cars and just needs one new tyre. Tonight I'm doing some last minute laundry and enjoying my last bubble bath (until I break into my sons hotel room during his business trip!)

I've also spent the last few days educating myself on my new SJCAM, a wonderful early birthday present from my sister and her boyfriend. It's the tiniest little camera I've ever seen and can go under water too. I plan to place it on my dashboard a lot. Just need to figure out how to put the videos on YouTube. I have managed to add a link to my YouTube account, so I am progressing. I also treated myself to a pair of mini binoculars today, something I regretted not having when touring Scotland.

So tomorrow I head over to Liverpool ready to catch the early ferry on Wednesday morning. I'm feeling a mixture of sadness and excitement. I will miss my friends and family but can't wait for my adventure to begin...

Ready to go...


No room for this one in the Beast...

7 comments:

  1. Bon voyage,havea super time look forward to the pictures I was thinking of looking at property along the shores as the house prices have tumbled .Anyway have a smahing summer and good luck to you and ilo xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just following your story Nicci, good luck on your travels. And thanks for the pic of the Beast.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a safe trip and amazing time-keep us posted! Bon Voyage!

    ReplyDelete