Wednesday 20 April 2016

I'm saying nothing...

How to overcome your dogs fear of aeroplanes. Spend the night sleeping under a runway! We left the airport hotel carpark pretty early and headed towards the coast. It was a lovely drive and the sun was shining all day. We arrived after only half an hour and went straight to the beach at Garrettstown. It was practically all ours. I took some videos so hopefully I have uploaded them correctly.  We then popped to the shop to buy some provisions, but it wasn't open until high season. So we headed into the village instead. Then we went off to the campsite, we had googled, to book in. Stupid me! Should have phoned ahead. Also not open until high season. It looked so nice too, Garrettstown House. Anyway the nice man gave us directions to another site. But we decided to go back to the beach and wild camp instead. I cooked sausage and mash and watched the sunset. I read loads of my book, it's so good I'm sad it's nearly coming to an end. Then we both had a really good peaceful nights sleep.

This morning the tide was right in by the Beast. I could practically feel the waves splashing my face as I brushed my teeth at the back door. We had breakfast, left over sausages, and then headed off to Timoleague to the Sextons campsite. The lady at the petrol station recognised me from the telly!

I hooked the van up to the electric and plugged in all the flat battery stuff. Then opened the door to throw Milo his ball. Unfortunately the campsite dogs insisted on joining in and barked constantly when Milo kept catching the ball first. We went inside and they just sat outside the door waiting for Milo to come out to play again. I think they're still there now. I had a really nice hot shower, at no extra charge, and it stayed on until I switched it off. Oh the simple things in life!

I'm feeling a bit (not sure what) tonight. I seem to have upset/offended a few people by not engaging with their 'amorous' advances on social media. I'm sorry.  When I don't quite know what to say I say nothing...

Milos mates...


Wild camping...

Hot shower...

2 comments:

  1. Just do what you want Nicci. Other will just have to be patient. Just remember the 4 agreements. Do your best and if others cant see that you are, then that's an issue for them.
    Still routing for you. Go Nicci and Milo
    Just spent an evening with my cousin and her guide dog puppy who is only six months old but is huge.

    R xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, feel good hearing that :) X

      Delete