Sunday 17 April 2016

Prisoner Cell Block H...

So I got lost again. I don't actually mind getting lost, I get to see more places. But I think Milo gets a bit fed up, constantly wondering if we're nearly there yet. You wouldn't believe I've actually got satnav. I just need to learn how to use it! I tried to find Pavillion shopping centre and got myself directions for a place back on the Wirral! And yesterday I left Dunbar Upper for Dungarvan somehow going via Carlow!

Anyway we eventually arrived in Dungarvan and eventually found our campsite. Jeez schoolboy error on that. 38 euros for one night. But we were so tired we stayed. Sadly, as Milo jumped to catch his ball he hit his head on the Beast and now has a nasty cut on his eye. I just wanted to cry at this point. In fact I did. But very quietly as all the vans are parked so close to each other, I swear I could hear people snoring last night.

This morning I went to 'cell block H' for my shower. Even after paying 38 euros I still had to buy a token for the shower. As I had no change I ended up buying two. Good move on my part as my 'prison block' shower took so long to heat up it switched off mid hair wash. Backup token was much appreciated.

This afternoon I'm heading towards Cork. A lovely lady who has followed our adventure has so kindly offered us a place to stay. People are so kind...

Poor Milo...


Prison block shower...

8 comments:

  1. Don't forget to look up janet Fitzwilliam in Dingle. The American sheep farmer. She'll take you out for a night to the country and western bar where she plays.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Des, I am in touch with Janet, we are meeting up :) X

      Delete
  2. ....also...the east coast is a bit boring scenary wise. The west is where you want to be. From Cork go west all the way to baltimore and then head north in and out of the west coast. Killarney, Castletownbear, Eiries is great fun, a little hippy, arty village, isolated. You will have a great night in the pub. Full of characters from all over the world. Killarney is very tacky and touristy but the lakes are lovely as is the pass up the mountains, Gap of Dunloe. Kilorglin is great crac.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Nicci, we do worry about you. I know you hardly know us darling but we are with you in spirit and pray for you every day since you've been on the road again. Coping on your own is so hard and I dearly hope that you will find your soulmate soon. If this doesn't work though I insist you take my advice next time (which I'll share if this doesn't work). Take care of yourself and Milo and we are all crossing everything for you darlin xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey don't you worry about me, I'm gonna be fine! :) I am intrigued as to what your advice would be though! Love to you both xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Nicci, hope Milos injury soon gets better. Enjoy the fresh air & scenery & keep safe. Love from Pat & Jake. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Pat, Milo much better now xx

      Delete
    2. Hi Nicci, glad to hear Milo is better, the people there sound lovely. Have fun. Love from Pat & Jake. xx

      Delete