Monday 30 May 2016

Rapunzel, Rapunzel let down your hair...

Oh boy where do I begin? What a truly luxurious 24 hours I've had. I arrived in Galway about 12 ish yesterday and had a few hours before my room was ready. So took Milo to see the sights. He had a great time and got to swim loads. Then I checked into my room at the Radisson Blu, I say room, it was the size of a house. Only special key holders could access the lift to my floor and when I opened the door I got such a shock. The bathroom was even bigger than my van. The bed could have slept a family. The wrap around balcony held the sun my whole stay. Having been used to a thimble for a sink in the van I now had two sinks the size of small baths. And the bath, oh the bath. Big and hot and bubbly, just what I've been craving, I didn't want to ever get out. All the staff here at Radisson Blu have been so lovely to me.

I took lots of photos and people keep messaging me wondering who I'm with, as in who took the photos?! Haha I have a time delay button on my iPad camera. Unfortunately I'm all alone up here, feeling like Rapunzel in the tower waiting for her prince. On arrival a very kind gentleman had arranged for a bottle of chilled wine for me (two glasses included) so I toasted myself, twice.

This morning after a hearty breakfast, consisting mainly of chocolate, I went off to use the Thermal Spa. Again pure luxury all the way. The attention to detail here is outstanding. I had a relaxing back neck and shoulder massage and chilled out in the relaxation suite. Now I'm sitting on my balcony knowing I have to pack up and leave very soon. I must admit I didn't sleep too well last night as I felt so guilty leaving Milo in the van. I missed him so much. I was going to go into the bars after dinner last night but ended up sitting in the van with Milo. Stupid thing is once he's had his walk and is settled he pretty much ignores me anyway.

So We're about to hit the road again Milo and Me. Just heading further up the West Coast, see where the road takes us...

My suite...


My bath...



Off to dinner...

My breakfast....


Spirit One Spa....



2 comments:

  1. It's another verse in your story, no more nor less important than those that have gone, but more important are the verses yet to come.x You are alone now, just you and Milo, these times are to be embraced, breathe free air and enjoy a life uncluttered until those days that are bound to follow when you will be bound to think back and remember these times with great fondness. Seldom in this modern world are we able to live such a life as yours, uncomplicated, and with more freedom than many could experience. We should not seek a life that's better than the one we live, we can only live the life we have and what will be will be. These days on the road with Milo will one day be just precious memories, savour them and laugh out loud, girl, you are living the dreams of many.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks Peter, love what you've written there. Definately precious memories, although not sure about the 'uncluttered and uncomplicated' living in the Beast haha X

      Delete