Friday 20 May 2016

My birthday bath...

After a couple of days chilling with Milo off we went exploring. I was so close to Father Teds House I went off looking for it. I drove around the Burren for about two hours. I found perfume houses, yoga schools and many historic monuments, but I could not find Father Teds House, not even a sign post. Whilst perched on a hillside on the Burren I did another radio interview with Ray Darcy RTE. Some of the listeners even phoned in to try and direct me to Father Teds.  Sadly my sense of direction is useless, even typing it into my satnav brought up no results. Anyway I got to see lots of the scenery at the Burren, stopping twice on the road, once for a herd of sheep and then some wild horses.

Even more exciting, whilst on the radio I was offered the opportunity of a night at The Raddisson Blu in Galway for my birthday. I'm so happy about this, mainly for the opportunity to have a big bubble bath, as anyone who knows me will know this is my favourite pastime. Even the luxury of being able to 'sit up' in bed without banging my head will be a novelty. And getting out of bed without climbing down a ladder, star shapes in bed, no rocking in the wind, no awareness of the rain, not worrying if the hand brakes on, sleeping level, watching a television, oh the simple things taken for granted! I'm quite looking forward to my birthday now, being single doesn't seem so bad after all.

I've just stopped at the town of Kinvarra, they have a farmers market every Friday and I've just sampled some 'sheep cheese' which is a first for me. Now I'm having a coffee stop at the Pier Head, which, for my Liverpool friends, is a little pub on the pier at Kinvarra...


Lost on The Burren...



The Pier Head...

No comments:

Post a Comment