Wednesday 18 May 2016

Boat trips and toilet trips...

Yesterday I got to go on a boat trip to see the Cliffs of Moher. The lovely Pat Dowling, who is passionate about the history of the spa wells of Lisdoonvarna, arranged this for me. So off I went to the pier at Doolin to board my boat.  I was met by the very knowledgable Donnie and given a bit of background information before my trip. Donnie runs Doolin2AranFerries with a really fun crew on board. One of the boys advised a lady not to sit in a certain seat as she would get extremely wet. Her husband, sitting beside her, asked if he would also get soaked. The boy replied "you'll be fine if she stays sitting there!"

Off we went out to sea. The cliffs are rather outstanding. Donnie told me there are 40,000 birds on the cliffs. I asked Donnie if he'd counted them. He said "every hour and there was one missing this morning". I must admit my photography skills are pretty poor and I don't think I've captured the cliffs at their best. But what I saw was breathtaking. Well worth the trip.

Before I went on the boat I stopped at a little cafe for a loo trip. I really must learn the Irish words as I was a little confused to male and female toilet. It was only when I came out and thought to myself what a strange little hand basin that I realised I was in the boys!

I've booked into a nice quiet campsite and am chilling with Milo for a couple of days and getting on top of my 'housework'. Then heading up the coast towards Galway.  A week tomorrow I am fifty! If I don't have a beau on that day I've decided I'm going to find myself a luxury hotel, check in for one night and have myself a big, hot, bubbly bath and a glass of champagne. Will probably blow my remaining budget but then you're only fifty once...








2 comments:

  1. Mna is ladies and Fir is gents. Your face in the pic looks like your still confused..............lol

    ReplyDelete