Wednesday 25 May 2016

Tattooed before 50...

Well I am just about to leave my forty's, which I must say I have thoroughly enjoyed. So I'm hoping my fifty's will be even better. I've spent my whole life adamant I would never get a tattoo, I've always kind of thought why spoil what God gave you. But today walking through the city of Galway, saddened by watching all the 'hip' people, and feeling rather plain, I walked into a tattoo parlour. It was down a little back alley and up three flights of steep, narrow stairs. I'd already sat on a bench (next to Oscar Wilde no less) and contemplated the idea and thought why not? The very tattooed receptionist greeted me and I boldly said "I would like a 'dot' tattoo on my foot". A dot? She said. "Yes, just a dot" I replied. That will be 50 euros she informed me. "Oh" I said and walked away. Heyho I will remain untattooed.

I travelled on a bus today. Something I rarely do. Sadly Milo was not allowed on the bus so he has had to stay 'home'. I stood under the sign which informed me the bus would arrive in six minutes. Sure enough six minutes later the bus appeared, and stopped about 50 yards further down the road?    I asked the bus driver for a return and was informed it was 2.20 one way or 4.60 return. I opted for one way each way. Galway is bustling, street music at every corner, pubs and cafes galore. I treated myself to three books from a little back street second hand book store, having read the six I had already. I ate ice cream in the street listening to the music and drank coffee at a pavement cafe. I had a lovely day but I must say I really missed Milo.

So tomorrow is my 'official' birthday but as I can't have my luxury birthday bath until Sunday I am postponing my celebrations. Tomorrow I will go to my new favourite coffee shop in the morning and later wildcamp somewhere and eat the ton of chocolate I have bought myself...

I've (hopefully) added a link to my recent television interview, it's quite funny and Milo stole the
show :)

Me at bus stop...


Me in Galway...





My favourite cafe...

My chocolate...


9 comments:

  1. your gas. Happy pre birthday

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Happy Birthday Nicci!!".. xxx
    Sending love for strength and smiles for happiness!!
    Stay strong...stay proud!!.. xx
    Lots of love
    Jenni..xx..(lil sis).. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Jenni, just gotta keep smiling :) xx

      Delete
  3. "Happy Birthday Nicci!!".. xxx
    Sending love for strength and smiles for happiness!!
    Stay strong...stay proud!!.. xx
    Lots of love
    Jenni..xx..(lil sis).. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally not technically minded!!...apologies for sending that twice!!!;)
    Jen.xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey I'm a Gemini, I need it twice...! X

      Delete
  5. Hi Nicci, congratulations on your 50th, have a lovely day. Love to you & Milo from Pat & Jake. xx

    ReplyDelete