Thursday 26 May 2016

And the gentleman provided Moët...

Happy birthday to me! The big '50' doesn't actually feel any different than being 49 yesterday. So far not a bad day. Up early as usual and had two cards to open that my son and best friend provided before I left. Both contained a genorous amount of euros, good job I didn't know this or they'd have been opened prematurely. This morning I met a gentleman for coffee on the beach. We have been in touch through Facebook since I've been travelling and he is from my hometown. He is travelling Ireland for a few weeks and was near me today. Such a lovely gentleman and he so kindly presented me with a bottle of Moët for my birthday. I'm saving it for my bubble bath at the Radisson Blu on Sunday, which like the Queen will be my second birthday.

I left the campsite O'Hallorans in Salthill at lunchtime, having had a lovely couple of days there. The lady recognised me on arrival from the television show that morning. Tonight I am wildcamping on a beach. I have actually back tracked my journey for two days but I can't say too much of my reason why. Other than I am doing some filming for Channel 4 tomorrow with some celebrities! All will be revealed ;)  Yesterday morning when I was walking on the beach I took a call and did a live interview with KCLR radio station, quite random but good fun. I think my mum is just waiting for me to pop up behind the bar in Coronation Street at this rate!

I've just made myself a delicious chicken fried rice and poured a small glass of wine into my stemless glass (stem smashed off when travelling too fast) and of course I've got all my chocolate to look forward to :)

Today of all days I could do with some decent wifi but alas not available when one wildcamps. I did have a brainwave yesterday. The buses in Ireland provide free wifi, so I thought if I just drove along behind a bus all day long...

My Moët...


My birthday supper...


Following buses...

5 comments:

  1. Funnier by the day. Happy big 50.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you x sorry for late reply! Old age!

      Delete
  2. Hope to connect again at weekend
    Perhaps start campaign forour doggie friends on buses. ..to help tourism or. ..be like the Germans
    talk §on
    Ann and Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope to connect again at weekend
    Perhaps start campaign forour doggie friends on buses. ..to help tourism or. ..be like the Germans
    talk §on
    Ann and Tara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have loved hanging out with you and Tara :)

      Delete