Tuesday 17 May 2016

My rather useless rape alarm...

Overnight I've had one date and been dumped by another! A gentleman on the other side of Ireland to me seemed a bit disheartened that I wouldn't be popping over to meet him immediately and said he wouldn't be waiting around. He ended the conversation with 'if you're ever in my area do call me'... Heyho!

Last night I met a nice gentleman for a drink at a local establishment. It was a bit nerving waiting in the bar area watching everyone who walked in wondering if that was him. We were originally meeting at about 9pm then he called at 7ish to say he was on his way. So no time for me to 'dress up'.
He was indeed a very nice gentleman and chatted away all evening. One little habit he had was every time he made a funny remark he slapped my leg (quite hard!) I did get used to it toward the end of the evening by just tensing my muscle as I saw his hand approach...

I had a small glass of wine to drink but unfortunately I don't think it mixed well with the sulphur spa water I'd drank earlier in the day. I didn't feel too well so our evening was not a late one.  We have said we will keep in touch and he said he would very much like to take me to a restaurant on another date.

I definately want to return to Lisdoonvarna for the matchmaking festival, it just sounds like so much fun by all accounts. Thousands of people for a whole month singing, dancing, drinking and having fun. Just one long party.

When I returned to my van last night I reached into my handbag for my torch, which unfortunately is very similar in shape to my 'rape alarm' Even more alarmingly no one came running to save me...

How my evening ended...
Drinking the water...

4 comments:

  1. Delighted your enjoying yourself. Love the photo of Milo sleeping next to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks, he's a big heavy lump! :)

      Delete
    2. Re the smell of the water: it's the sulphur (rotten-egg odour) that makes it good for your body! Very good for skin: when you use it on face to wash in, result is perceptible softening of skin texture! Best wishes for your quest & tour (I'm a retired tour guide myself & spent many happy years up & down the coasts of Ireland all summer long!): have fun & failte!

      Delete
    3. Aw thank you :) Pat did warn me of the sulphur content!

      Delete