Saturday 28 May 2016

Caught up in a 26K Marathon...

It's been a bit odd the last couple of days. Having backtracked my route I've now revisited familiar places and met up with people whom I actually know already. Even Milo recognised areas, I think through scent, and got quite excited on occasion. I'm not allowed to say much about my reason for backtracking other than it involved a rather large production team, a lot of filming and, my favourite bit, being fitted with a microphone by an extremely tall, dark handsome (sadly very young) gentleman. What was filmed will be aired by Channel 4 around September time so I will update when I am allowed.

Last night I wildcamped in Ballyvaughn.  I was aiming to reach a campsite before it got too late. But I left it too late.  As it was dark and raining heavily I just pulled into an empty carpark opposite the church. All nice and quiet. Until rather early this morning I peeked out the curtain to see what all the commotion was about. The annual 26K marathon was taking place. The carpark was heaving, the beast blocked in between cars and hundreds of runners milling around waiting for the start. Obviously had I known of this event I would have registered and done the run...!
I put Milos lead on and we went for a wander round the town. Stopped three times for coffee, went to the farmers market, listened to the musicians and bumped into a lady I know from here. Tons of people kept stopping me to ask if they could pet my adorable dog :)

Later in the afternoon, after Milo had rolled yet again in more fox pooh, we had a nap in the van. Whilst I was dozing I had, what I believe, an amazing idea for a book. The plot I had in my imagination was so intriguing for me I wished someone had already written it so I could read it! Anyway I wrote down all that I had thought about and will save it for a rainy day.

I am absolutely so excited about my hotel stay tomorrow at the Radisson Blu. I'm wondering how many baths I can fit in over a 24 hour period...

Just friends Ardal and me...


Running a marathon...

Milo doing his beached whale impression...

2 comments: