Monday 23 May 2016

A somewhat disastrous date...

Well I eventually found my way off the Burren and set up camp on the beach at Parkmore. It was a lovely little spot and we stayed two nights. Saw some funny goings on, a man randomly walking his goat, Jesus in a field, a cow and calf paddling in the ocean, fully clothed people swimming in the ocean not to mention the naked man! All in all an interesting two days and, best of all, level ground so got good nights sleep.

Now I'm staying with a lovely lady in Salthill, she has a small plot of land practically on the beach and also owns a dog who looks very like Milo. This lady has also done some crazy travelling like myself, she has upped and taken her dog off to Spain on a few occasions. We have lots in common.

I'm now sitting in the lobby of the Salthill hotel having just had what I can only describe as a rather disastrous date. Talk about 'mismatched'. This particular gentleman had telephoned me every day since Willie gave him my number and was so insistent on meeting me 'God willing' as he kept saying at the end of every call. He arrived very late for the date and seemed to be wearing funeral attire. It seems he was basically looking for a carer, having listed all his many ailments for me, but insisted she would be allowed to take the car on occasion to go off shopping. It was quite clear we were not suited and parted on friendly terms, wishing each other well for the future.

I'm a little sad today. Unfortunately the Radisson Blu are fully booked for my birthday on Thursday. They have still, generously, offered me an alternative date for which I am extremely grateful. But now I'm at a loss as what to do on Thursday. It looks like I may well be sitting in my van on a lonely hill top eating beans on toast...

Probably me on Thursday...

Jesus...


Walking the goat...


The end of the rainbow...

8 comments:

  1. Dont be sad girl. You sound like your having a ball. I would love to see a guy walking a goat. lol. You know when you least expect it you will find the right guy. Sometimes you may try too hard. You seem a great craic and you need the right guy. However its hard to know if the date should have trusted you with the car............ha. When is your birthday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha you're right I probably would have got lost in the car or lost a chunk of it! I'm not sad tho, just frustrated! :)

      Delete
  2. Stop looking for a man he will come to you when its time .Just enjoy your trip xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thought he would have charged across the beach on a white horse with harps playing and whisked me away to his castle by now Maggie... I'm running out of beaches, even in Ireland haha

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday NT. By the way I am sure there are lots of knights out there who can ride a white Charger.

    Talking of animals in Ireland, watch the Commitments film and see the boy with his horse

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGgdxN532zE

    Sorry your date did not pan out.

    R xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday NT. By the way I am sure there are lots of knights out there who can ride a white Charger.

    Talking of animals in Ireland, watch the Commitments film and see the boy with his horse

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGgdxN532zE

    Sorry your date did not pan out.

    R xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Richard, I'll keep looking down those beaches... X

      Delete