Sunday 8 May 2016

Milo and Me busking...

Bum! My gas bottle has just run out mid cooking. I thought a breeze had blown the flame out but no, I have no gas. I was making sausage and mash and so looking forward to it. I'm in the middle of a massive forest and its too late to go looking for a gas shop. Luckily I have electric so I can boil a kettle for the all important coffee in the morning, so not all bad. Tonight we are on a campsite on the Curraghchase Estate in Kilcornan. It's a beautiful forest and I can't see any other campers. I feel like Hanzel, or is it Gretel?!

Yesterday we left the lambing farm, which we had returned to for one night. I had a scary night previously on the beach. I was parked up all alone fast asleep when some boy racers decided to do doughnuts in the carpark. It is a tiny carpark and they just screeched around, headlights blaring, horn honking for about ten minutes. I just lay there, too scared to look out the window and just prayed for them to leave. Which they eventually did. I didn't get much sleep that night.

We left Dingle and headed towards Ballybunion, once again I hadn't intended to drive that far but struggled to find a safe place to stop. I got so tired I ended up just parking on the road by the beach cliff. And was once again joined by boy racers zooming round the bend late into the night. Seems there's little else for these kids to do at night.

My heater broke yesterday so I stopped at a big shopping mall in Tralee and bought a new one. I got mega excited as there was a Tesco stocking many familiar items for me. Spent a small fortune. Everything seems dearer over here. I must try to think of a way of making some money as my funds are dwindling. I wish I was musically talented because I could so busk the streets...

How we drive...

Coffee stop, sadly no dogs allowed inside...


Cliff top parking Ballybunion...
Curraghchase campsite...

2 comments:

  1. Your doing great girl. As you get nearer the summer season you will find more people to meet.

    ReplyDelete