Thursday 5 May 2016

Maybe I'm meant to be on my own...


I do wish I could write my blog more often. I've either got rubbish internet connection or no battery life, only the little I save for my emergencies. You know, the one where I'm being murdered on a cliff top. Which funnily enough was in my dream recently. I had been on Mizen Head and the placard on the cliff told a story of a shipwreck many years ago. Hundreds drowned at sea but then the locals found some crawling up the cliffs to be saved. There was one female on board and she was crushed to death by the lifeboat. Well I dreamt that night, whilst sleeping alone on said cliff top, that the female was climbing up the cliff and tapping on my van window...!

I've had a lovely time recently staying on the farm. Those little lambs are adorable, sadly one died. From now on although lamb is my favourite roast I will only eat it in the winter :(

Milo was getting a little fed up as he couldn't be too close to the lambs so we've moved to the beach near Dingle for a couple of days. We've found a lovely spot. Quite active during the day but just me and Milo at night and the sound of the Atlantic crashing on the rocks. My word those waves are huge. I've spent numerous hours just sitting on the rocks watching. It's like small avalanches of snow rising up, it's just a wonderful and mesmerising sight. I'm so lucky. A small bus stopped today and the driver got out and played some music, quite entertaining.

Milo and Me were in the local paper yesterday, The Irish Examiner. I've been getting some quite nice messages through social media, trouble is I've usually moved on already by the time I've read the invite.
Im reading a romantic novel at the moment, makes me feel lonely, need to get back to my crime thrillers.  I'm not sure if I'll ever meet someone special, maybe I'm just meant to be on my own...



5 comments:

  1. Dont be getting down girl. You look like your visiting some amazing places. Milo looks happy too. Let me know when you come to the south east and I will show both of ye some great sights and nights out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And if you are meant to be on your own your certainly seeing some bautiful places. I know when I ve nursed lots of people married or not they all say that in this world your on your own .Its just that somtimes some people have someone to keep them company on the way .Keep your chin up Milo is your best friend Love n hugs Maggie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks that's so nice :)
      You're probably right Maggie x

      Delete
  3. Stop looking. It looks to me as if you are doing exactly what many of us wish we could do and you are doing it in the most fantastic places! It will happen if you stop trying too hard! Good luck and cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Robin, you're probably right! Do you not know any eligible bachelors you can introduce me to (am quite willing to pop over and visit if so!!) xx

    ReplyDelete