Monday 2 May 2016

Me, a farmers wife...

I'm glad to say life's picked up of late. I'm now in the beautiful County Kerry staying with the most lovely people near Dingle. I'm parked up on their sheep farm and have had the pleasure of bottle feeding the lambs, from a beer bottle no less. I could quite happily sit at my back door and watch those little cherubs bouncing around all day long. Milo is just happy eating all the sheep droppings.

Janet and Seamus took me to a nearby bar last night for a music session, Janet playing the harmonica.   It was so traditional and I met some right characters, though I couldn't understand a word they were saying half the time. There happened to be a birthday celebration and a wedding party going on and I happened to be sitting at the Buffett table, yummy. Driving back last night I was given a look at some local scenery, wow. At the top of one hill is the Star Wars set built ready for filming, I might have to hang around.

Today we went into Dingle for another music session at Dick Macks. The place has so much history, with the original ladies only snugs. And I've never seen such a choice of whisky. I stuck to the Guinness.  I walked around Dingle and forced myself to try Murphys ice cream, chocolate and salted flavour, delicious. I walked down to the harbour to try and find Fungie the dolphin, no joy there. So headed back to the bar for more Guinness.

This evening I went up in the mountain with Seamus to check the lambs. I actually got to herd some sheep in and met 'the daddy' of them all! There's one in the barn due to give birth tonight, maybe I'll have to help out! What with all my 'experience' I might meet me a nice sheep farmer...

Murphys ice cream...

Little lambs...

Me and Janet...

Some of the whisky...


He's the daddy

10 comments:

  1. Dingle is a lovely area and I am delighted you are meeting some nice people and enjoying the culture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw thank you, yes it's lovely X

    ReplyDelete
  3. HiNicola Love your blogs..I have a camper van and a dog ..would love to meet you. .Also have place you can park in Boyle Co Roscommand Salthill Galway. ..
    Ann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann, that's lovely, I will be your way soon enough so will definately come say hello :)

      Delete
    2. Hi Nicola My other texts were testing my technology skills. Now I can tell you my dog Tara is a replica of Milo..and my constant companion for 10 years. ..and we've travelled a lotShould I send my email address ?Looking forward to next blog
      Ann

      Delete
    3. Hi Nicola My other texts were testing my technology skills. Now I can tell you my dog Tara is a replica of Milo..and my constant companion for 10 years. ..and we've travelled a lotShould I send my email address ?Looking forward to next blog
      Ann

      Delete
    4. How lovely, Milo is my best friend :)

      Delete