Wednesday 1 June 2016

My knight in shining armour...

Having left Galway and feeling so guilty for not spending 24/7 with Milo I think I've over compensated him. He's now exhausted as I've had him swimming like an otter and running like a whippet for the last few days. We spent the first night quite close to Galway in Spiddal Mobile Home Park, a lovely quiet location off the beaten track. I even got a random marriage proposal followed by a copy of The Farmers Journal to peruse.

Next day we headed off towards Lettermore Island, the road was so scenic, crossing numerous stone built bridges connecting each island. I drove until the road ended, literally and then back. Heading back I stopped at an isolated house by a lake and went to knock on the door. It seemed nobody was home although all the windows were open as were the doors. After shouting a few hellos a lady appeared from some field at the back, ever so friendly. I asked if it was ok to park up and she said that was absolutely fine. It was such a gorgeous spot, the lake practically lapping the wheels of the Beast.  Milo swam loads, on occasion joined by a swan.

Today we headed towards Carna looking for a beach. I somehow ended up on Mweenish Island which is the best mistake I've made recently. The beach I found, down the smallest single track lane, is breathtaking. It's like a little tropical paradise. White sandy beach, clear blue water, rocky little coves and practically just Milo and Me. I made up a small picnic and spent all day there. At one point my dream nearly came true... I was sitting on a rock looking across the bay and a man on a horse came galloping across the beach towards me... Alas he was accompanied by about six more riders he was taking on a trek across the beach. He did stop and told me I was the most beautiful sight he had ever seen on this beach. Milo just barked ferociously whilst his pupils looked on bemused...

Poulwirren near Lettermore Island...


Back door view...


Last nights sunset...

Mweenish Island, waiting for my knight in shining armour...


Just Miloandme...

4 comments:

  1. Amazing pictures. Beautiful to see how close you and Milo are. You must be doing wonders for Irish tourism. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing pictures. Beautiful to see how close you and Milo are. You must be doing wonders for Irish tourism. Enjoy

    ReplyDelete