Saturday 18 June 2016

Our journey to Lisbon...

Milo and me are in Portugal! Crazy journey that had me totally stressed out before hand and practically tearing my hair out. But the actual journey was reasonably stress free. Every airline representative had given me different pieces of information in regards to how Milo would travel. When in fact we both just literally walked into Manchester airport, up to the check in desk and handed over our passports. Milo was extremely popular whilst waiting in the queue and I must say very well behaved. Pip was able to wait with us until I had to take Milo to the excess baggage. Then there was an extremely emotional goodbye, with Pip and Milo, not me! Milo was then taken to the aircraft and I watched glued to the window at the boarding gate, quite hysterical that  they might drop him. I'm sure the other passengers thought I was either an avid plane spotter or a crazy nervous passenger.

Arriving in Lisbon was a bit scary, as I couldn't find him for about half an hour. Everyone kept sending me to different areas and I was beginning to panic. I was stopping anyone in a uniform screaming "where's my dog?" Then he just appeared at a door all quiet and feeling very sorry for himself. I think he was in a mood with me when we got in the car. Luckily I was met by Ali and her hunky friend who helped pile us all in.

We arrived at our new home, the big beach house, quite late and he got to meet his new best friend Max. Well not quite best friends yet, more like annoying little brother who keeps following him. And Milo has taken to barking like a crazy dog at poor Max whenever he comes near me. Early days yet but I'm sure they will eventually be best friends.

Spent today with Ali learning how to care for Granny, inbetween me and Ali testing out the new trampoline in the garden. I think Gran recognised me and I think Ali wet her knickers on the trampoline...

Milo and Max...


Praying they don't drop Milo...


My new bedroom...


Testing the trampoline...

4 comments:

  1. Glad that you and Milo arrived safely. Lisbon is supposed to be beautiful so I bet you can't wait to explore. I noticed the pool in the garden which should be a welcome relief in those temperatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pool is lovely and the beach is on the doorstep :)

      Delete
  2. Well if you cant manage Granny Im always available what a lovely destination I do hope all works out well .I can ssee those feet itching in the future though .Have fun and good luck xxx

    ReplyDelete