Wednesday 15 June 2016

Are there any Portugese Princes in Portugal?...

Just over a year ago I started writing my blog, or as I like to think, letting other people read my diary. I've written 184 entries and have just hit 100,000 views. I'm really rather impressed and remember right back at the beginning saying to Pip "hey 3 people have read my blog!".
I can't believe that just a year ago I was working in a job I hated and living in a three bed house I struggled to afford. My life was same old same old every day and I was heading nowhere. Haha now I have nothing, quite literally and have never felt better. What I do have is Milo, my family, my close friends and an absolute bundle of precious memories and moments that I will cherish and reflect on forever. I feel no less of a person for possessing so few possessions. And as for not having an 'address' it doesn't really change who I am.

So now my next chapter in my adventure of life begins. On Friday Milo and me both fly off to Portugal to live. It's a little bit scary and a little bit exciting. I've been staying with sister Pip since I got back from Ireland last week and have been trying to squeeze my life into one suitcase. Not an easy task but if I managed to get a three bed house into the Beast I'm sure I will manage. Talking of the Beast my heart is breaking. Sadly I have to sell him. Mainly for financial reasons. I'm determined he will go to a good home and am requesting first refusal on the opportunity to potentially buy him back.

On Friday night I will arrive in Portugal and really don't know what to expect. I know I'll be with good people so that helps. It will feel odd living in the same location long term and seeing the same view out the windows, luckily I will have stunning views. I'm sure Milo will settle in ok given time. And, hopefully, fingers crossed I might meet a Portugese Prince Charming...

Feeling quite proud...


My chaotic life...


I'm going to cry buckets losing my Beast... 

6 comments:

  1. All the best Nikki. Sorry I did not get to meet you. Love your posts and your a lovely looking lady with a great talent for writing. Felt like I was doing the journey with you at times. Keep them up and I hope you are happy. Your very brave and you deserve it. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, happy just enjoying life :) X

      Delete
  2. Good luck Nikki, hope you find your Prince. Please keep writing your blog & keep us updated on your adventure. Love from Pat & dog Jake. XX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just caught up with your latest news - how exciting. I do hope you keep writing your blog so we can keep up with your adventures. I really admire your spirit.

    ReplyDelete