Monday 6 June 2016

Goodbye Ireland, farewell my friends...

It's my last night in Ireland, as tomorrow I board a ferry back to the UK. I can't believe how fast these  last couple of months have passed. I sat last night looking at all my photos, of which there are hundreds, and reminisced back to day one. I must say the travelling aspect was so much harder than Scotland last year, but the people I met certainly made up for it (for sure!). Maybe I will return one day as there is a whole chunk on the top left hand corner I have yet to explore. And there's certainly many places and people I would love to revisit.

I think my Portugal opportunity came at the right time for many reasons. Mainly I've run out of money! The cost of living over here is a lot higher than home. Added with the fact I had to do most of my shopping daily and in village shops didn't help. Also, even though I've gotten braver it's still quite difficult to wildcamp in Ireland. Overhead barriers I appreciate why you're there but I still hate you.  Then there's Love. The big 'L' word. Looking for Love. It didn't happen. And I know that's down to me. Some people say 'I never win the lottery' but they never buy a ticket. Well I think I tried to buy too many 'tickets'! I haven't given up on my happy ever after and I still believe my soul mate is out there somewhere. I've just got to look with different eyes...

Last nights camping was a personal hell on earth for me. I needed electricity etc so headed for a local campsite. It was heaving. I forgot it was bank holiday here. The owner tried to find me a space but in all honesty I wish he'd turned me away. He squashed me in between some parked cars next to the tent area. Then tried to charge me extra for Milo. Then shouted at me for having Milos pegged lead too long. In fact he seemed to patrol the whole site shouting at people. Also I've never seen so many children in one place, I appreciate they were having fun but my God they were loud. When they all eventually fell asleep that's when the parents came to life. It was a long night so me and Milo got up real early, and not so quietly, Milo ate all the leftover bbq food and then we left. We spent the rest of the day at Dublins Saint Anne's Park and on the lovely Dollymount Strand from where I can practically see my ferry...

Just a teeny weeny selection of some of my favourite photos in Ireland

Lisdoonvarna...

Near Poulwirren...

Cong...

Dingle...


Looking glum but loved Tracht beach...


The Beast, without whom,  this could never have happened...

7 comments:

  1. sad to see you go. Best of luck in the future. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you, blog will continue in Portugal, just be a bit different.... X

      Delete
  2. Well now please email me and tell me where your going in Portugal and what you will be doing email hanleyheights@hotmail.ca. I am flying back to Uk 31ST july am putting farm on market next week.want or herar all about your next adventure xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh will do Maggie, best of luck with your move X

      Delete
  3. Sad to see you go Nicci
    Hope to keep in touch
    Bye Milo xx 😢😢
    Ann and Tara

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks Ann, definately keep in touch. Milo says hi to Tara xx

      Delete
  4. Sad to see you go Nicci
    Hope to keep in touch
    Bye Milo xx 😢😢
    Ann and Tara

    ReplyDelete